Tuesday, June 16, 2009

EvoSpeak - Experience & Dörf

I finished a lot of EvoSpeak coding tonight. The training process is mostly coded. The species will spit out samples, the user listens and grades the performance, and then the results are submitted and stored to the species' memory. It's also possible to create new species now from within the configuration utility.

I created my first creature, Dörf, today. He speaks the default language. Why the name? I'm not sure, I just liked it. I've trained him 24 times so far, so he has 120 xp. He's actually ready to level up to level 2, since it only requires 100 xp to do so. Well, I guess as soon as I finish making the leveling-up algorithm, (which is the real meat of this whole process since it provides the "brains" for each species) he'll be good to go.

I look forward to working with Dörf; I hope he's a memorable first EvoSpeak species.

No comments: