Monday, February 23, 2009

Questions for Tod Machover

These probably need to be refined and I need to think of a few more, preferably more over-arching questions so I can get the most out of my time with Machover. Here's what I've got so far, in order of importance:

  • Given your experience with assisted-composition tools such as Hyperscore, what are your thoughts on completely autonomous randomly-generated music?
  • How, in your opinion, should one approach simulating the human's creative ability to compose?
  • Do you think there would be enough demand for a generative mp3 player to warrant serious commercial consideration?


Also, if anyone reads this post before Thursday and would like the chance to have a music-related question answered by a famous composer, theorist, and musician, comment back and I'll consider asking it if I have any time left after I pose my questions. Robin, Jules, this is your chance to find out whether the tritone really is the devil or not!

No comments: